As you know, Monday was Valentine's Day. Kyle and I planned to just stay home and make a nice meal, since I had to work at 6 the next morning. Halfway through the day, one of my coworkers told me my tire was low. I thought "ok, no big deal, I'll go the gas station after work and put some air in it." Two hours later, my boss told me that my tire was FLAT.
Great. Lucky for me, I happen to have a full size spare, so it's no big deal driving on it. However, I happen to not have a jack or wrench to actually get the tire off.
I called poor Kyle six times at work before he was able to answer, told him my problem, he said he would be there when I got off work. Kyle got there and as he was starting to take off my tire, he realized that my lug nuts were too small for his wrench, so he couldn't take them off.
Fortunately, Kyle's parents live five minutes away from JCPenney, and own lots and lots of tools. We made our way over there to get a smaller wrench. When we got back, he started taking off the lug nuts, but then he got to that last one, and it was stubborn. He probably tried for five minutes, with both of us yanking on it. Finally, when I ran inside the store to get some WD-40 to try to loosen it up, did it come off!
Hooray! Now we can go home and make our fancy dinner....except...as soon as we got home we realized my OTHER tire was low. So, Kyle, extremely patient and caring that he is, decided to go back out with my car to put air in it.
We did finally get to eat our steak dinner (yes, it was good) and enjoyed our evening together.
Now we come to Tuesday. The day started out ok, considering I had to be at work at 6 a.m. I was helping a group of people rearrange the women's department in our store, which means a lot of moving clothes and making more room for new clothes. Everything was going fine, until my back started to hurt. I had been sitting on the ground, organizing some jeans and twisting around a lot. I think that's what did it. I got up, realized I was ok simply standing, but could hardly bend over.
Now, some jobs I suppose you would be ok just standing, but not mine. After talking to my supervisor, we determined I would be useless at work. Then, however, my boss found out and told me I had to fill out an Accident Report Form. WHAT!? I didn't realize it was remotely serious. Stuff like this never happens to me. So now they wanted me to fill out this form and started telling me how Worker's Comp. will take care of any doctor's bills or prescriptions I need.
Anyway, I went to the chiropractor, found out it was just a sprain and that I should be better in a day or two. Today I'm feeling mostly better. I hope everyone else's week has gone a little bit more smoothly than ours :)
No comments:
Post a Comment