Saturday, April 30, 2011

Gardening Entertainment

Last weekend Mom and Dad Hayes visited us for Easter. We played some games, ate some good
food, and made a box garden!


Actually, I can take hardly any credit for the box garden. Kyle and Dad did most of the hard work with Mom filling in here and there.


First they moved ALL those rocks away from the garage/shed (we could fit one of our cars in there, but we're a little nervous it might fall over some night, so we choose not to use it). Then, they added some boards around the edge of it to make it look nice and give it some height.

Here is Kyle cutting up our boards to perfection.


They then added 20 some bags of soil and compost to make the dirt ready for planting.


The finished product! Now, hopefully I can get things to grow!


1 comment:

  1. awesome!! I want a garden! I'm hoping to do box garden where ever we live next. You will have to give me all your good tips! :) What are you going to try and grow first?

    ReplyDelete